I took my birth control pill Friday and had unprotected sex and bf came inside me and I didn't take my birth control bill the next day or the next day. So could I become pregnant?

Hi Terasmith

Thanks for contacting EmpowHER with your question!

Generally speaking, you should have taken your missed pills when you remembered and then your next pill at the usual time. You should use a condom for the next 7 days.

From our article on missed pills: "Take two pills as soon as possible. If you find that you missed two or more pills ranging in the third week of your pack, continue taking the active pills on a daily basis. When you have finished the active pills in the pack, discard the inactive (non-hormonal) or placebo pills and start with a fresh pack. A back-up contraceptive method is needed in this situation. Use a condom or abstain from sex until you have taken one pill for seven days in a row. If you had unprotected sex within the past seven days or missed two or more pills during the first week, consider using an emergency contraceptive for maximum protection. If you decided to use an emergency contraceptive, you should still take that day’s scheduled pill."