ask: I TOOK THE NUVA RING OUT A WEEK AND A HALF EARLY AND HAD UN PROTECTED SEX CAN I BE PREGNANT?

By alahaye

I USUALLY GET MY PERIOD BETWEEN ON THE 18-20TH. I TOOK MY NUVA RING OUT A WEEK EARLY- I USUALLY OVULATE ON THE 25TH AND, I HAD UN PROTECTED SEX ON THE 21ST AND MY BOYFRIEND EJACULATED ME, SINCE I TOOK THE NUVA RING OUT EARLY, CAN I BE PREGNANT? IT WAS MY FIRST TIME ON THE NUVA RING, AND I ONLY KEPT IT IN 2WKS.

Diane Porter

Hi, Alahaye, and welcome to EmpowHer! Thanks for your question.

Yes, it would be possible for you to have gotten pregnant. Even though you only had the Nuva Ring in for two weeks, it would have been working during that time, releasing hormones so you wouldn't ovulate. When you took it out, those hormones would have been interrupted, which could have allowed you to ovulate. If your period is a few days late, you might take a home pregnancy test to check.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: