I took plan B after having sex..

By October 2, 2009 - 2:21am

I had sex with my boyfriend on aug. 31st... we were protected however the condom broke.. and he ended up getting off in me without telling me. two days later on september the 2nd we had sex again.. used protection again... he took it off and "accidently" getting off in me. were not together anymore but here is my problem.

He told me that the first time he got off in me (this is when we had sex on aug. 31st) he told me the night that he "accidently" got off in me again. (september 2nd)

he went and got me the plan b pill. I took that on sep. 3rd. which is exactly three days after the first time. and then took the second pill on sep. 4th. the day that i took the plan b. i got my period. and since i took the plan b pill it lasted until sep. 11 ususally my periods last five days. so this just added another 4 days.

i receive my periods around the first of the month. well this month i have not received it at all... am i pregnant?

Dear uc lady

Thanks so much for your question!

Pregnancy is a risk since Plan B is not a guarantee. According to their website,

"Plan B® One-Step works better the sooner you use it. If it is taken as directed within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure, it can significantly decrease the chance that you will become pregnant. About 7 out of every 8 women who would have gotten pregnant will not become pregnant. Plan B® One-Step works even better if taken within the first 24 hours after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.

The only way of knowing Plan B® One-Step has been effective is when you get your next period, which should come at the expected time, or within a week of the expected time. If your period is more than 7 days late, you may be pregnant. "

Since you got your period after you had unprotected sex, then you can't be pregnant IF you haven't had sex since. Have you? Was it with your (now ex) boyfriend?

I'm glad you took control of your relationship since I'm not sure I believe all these "accidents" your boyfriend had with you. I have an additional question - was the Plan B that your boyfriend got you still sealed in the package?

I would also suggest you take a pregnancy test to ease your mind.