I took a test yesterday to see if i was pregnant, but it came back negative. This morning i started my period.

By June 24, 2009 - 1:37pm

I was 4 days late for my period so i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Well this morning i woke up with some really bad cramping, and my period started. My concern is that i never have cramping as bad as i did today and my the first day of my period is always heavy. This period is different it started out medium not heavy like it usually does. What is the possibility of me being pregnant? Should I wait after my periods stops to take another pregnancy test or there is just no chance that i am pregnant?

I would definately check with your ob/gyn....Two yrs ago I had a neg pregnancy test and what i thought was my period....2 wks later I had bad cramping and was rushed to the ER resulting in an ectopic pregnancy...they said the blood was not my period but just spotting that can happen in some women. I would ck to make sure.

Unfortunately you'll have to keep on trucking. But have fun doing so although the waiting game is always a bit horrible.

Please update us, too. I'm always glad to talk to you and hear how you are doing with this. I was always so anxious to be pregnant too, when I was trying. Good luck, I really hope you can post soon with a bit fat I'M PREGNANT!!! headline!

Okay Susan I am having very light bleeding today which is not normal for me. Yesterday when I supposedly started on my period was medium, my period the first day is always heavy. And, then the other day after is medium, could there be a possibility that I could be pregnant? Like I said before my periods are short they last 3 days.

Hi Vanguel!

Sounds very unlikely that you are pregnant. If your tests are negative and you have your period (a heavy or medium flow doesn't really matter) then odds are you are not pregnant. Sometime we have really bad cramps, even if it's not normal for us. Our periods can change, out of the blue.

Pregnancy tests are highly accurate. Of course, stranger things can happen, but in this case, the chances of you being pregnant are pretty slim.

If I remember correctly, you are quite anxious to become pregnant - is this correct?

Yes, I am, but if I am not pregnant then i will just have to keep trying. thank you for your response.