I took three birth control pills at once

By December 14, 2012 - 2:25pm

I forgot to take my birth control pill on Wednesday and Thursday, and I realized it today (Frida), so I took all three today. Am I going to be really sick? will I be ok to have sex tonight or tomorrow (Friday & Saturday)?

Hi nperez

The instructions on your pill packet should let you know what to do or call your pharmacist. The University of Iowa's OB/GYN Dept recommends "IF YOU MISS TWO PILLS IN A ROW, take 2 pills as soon as you remember and 2 pills the next day. EXAMPLE: If you forget pills on Monday and Tuesday, take 2 pills on Wednesday and 2 pills on Thursday to catch up. USE A BACK-UP METHOD until you start the next pack of pills"   http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/obgyn/patedu/birthcontrol/pillfact...

So since you didn't do this, make sure to use a backup to be sure until you get your period and you should be just fine. You shouldn't feel any sickness by taking 3 in a row, but if you do, it'd just be a bit of nausea perhaps.

Good luck and make sure you use a condom or other method of birth control just in case - it's isn't worth it not to.