i use althea pills, it is a 21 day pills, i have my menstruation during the 7 days free pill. My question is. .

during the 7th pill that was supposed to be taken on a friday, i had missed it and i only remembered at 11 am on a saturday so i took the pill at that time, and the pill for saturday which is the 8th pill, i drank it at 11 p.m on that day. By sunday, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, and i missed my pill again for that day, which is the 9th pill, when i woke up at 6 a.m on monday, i immediately took that 9th pill which is for sunday ,and i drank the 10th pill which is for monday at 7 pm on that day, my question is, is there a possibility that i will get pregnant?

Hi maee!

Since you made your pill up the next day and also took that days's pill too, you should not be at risk. However, taking your pill at the same time every day is important. I suggest you set an alarm on your phone to help with this.

thanks susan, i have a follow up question, why is it important to take it the same time every day?

HERWriter Guide (reply to maee)

Pills are sensitive to time, maee, and women's bodies work differently and some are more sensitive to the pill.

Especially if you are on the mini-pill (this is the progesterone-only kind, I assume you are not), you can actually ovulate if you are only a few hours late (on the mini) or even just 12 hours late on the regular pill. Is it probable? No. But it's possible.

It's also just a good habit to get into.

i read that althea pills are combination pills, is it less sensitive to time? i also have polycystic ovarian syndrome. So based from my first question, so there are less chances of me being or getting pregnant, right?

HERWriter Guide (reply to maee)

Combo pills are less sensitive but still need to be taken around the same time.

You have no additional risks of pregnancy, you can relax.

is it safe to have unprotected sex during the 7 days free pill?

HERWriter Guide (reply to maee)

Yes it is.

Read up on your Pill so that you know exactly how it works and side effects.

thank you susan