I use nuvaring for my birth control. I just put a new ring in about 5 days ago. I had unprotected sex 2 days ago. Should I take plan b just to be safe or do you think the new nuvaring has been in my system long enough?

You need to follow the instructions on your nuva ring packet. If you did, then you should be fine. 

You insert one for three weeks, give yourself one week off and insert a new one. This will mean you are protected, regardless of when you have sex.  Plan B is for emergencies, not back-up. There is no need to use it.