Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide

ask: I want to ask my doctor but my mother says it's stupid

By Melissa6666

Hi, I have been to the eye doctor and he told me my eye is smaller than the other meaning one is myopia and the other is hyperopia. I never had it like this before it became a problem for me. I want to ask this to my doctor that if the eye comes forward can it improve vision? Since my eye is not forward the other thing I want to ask my doctor is, Rubbing the eyes alot can it cause the ocular/eye ball get pushed in? Generally I do rub my eyes alot and not having my eye forward became a problem for me I never had this problem before. It was all even before. My mother is not a doctor and doesn't understand what I mean that's why I want to ask my doctor these two questions to be sure. Do you think it's okay I ask my doctor about this?

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa6666

I see okay that makes sense.

Thanks,
Melissa

Hi Melissa

You can ask your doctor anything you feel is important, as we have told you many times. Your mom is entitled to her opinion but it should not be a deciding factor as to whether you should talk to your doctor or not. So feel free to ask whatever you like!

~Susan

Do you wear contact lenses? :