Wellness

ask: I Want To Know More About This

By Melissa6666

Hi, I have a primary doctor which I see a different doctor each time because it's a clinic where people see different doctors each time and I realized they are residents, I want to know what does it mean by being a resident? I want to be sure of the meaning of a primary doctor being a resident because I'm reporting few people from their to the management office. Does it mean being a resident they are not board certified yet? When do they become board certified? Please let me know about this soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Melissa6666

Thank you for your reply. Meaning they are not board certified yet? When do they become board certified? Please let me know.

Thank You,
Melissa

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa

You can do a simple google search to find this information - this link should answer all your questions: http://www.boardcertifieddocs.com/abms/static/faqs.htm

In terms of your own doctors or residents - you need to ask them about their studies or their place in the medical world when you see them.

Doctors become board certified in their specialties by completing a series of mandatory courses as well as electives and hands on practice of medicine (for many years) and then passing a series of exams.

DaisyN Guide

Hi Melissa6666,

Having completed eight years of higher education, physicians that enter a residency program are known as residents. Resident programs range from three to seven years in length, depending on the chosen specialty. Occasionally, residents will be called interns during their first year of residency, though this is no longer common. After the completion of their residency program, a physician may decide to enter into practice. 

Daisy

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: