I was diag. with breast cancer, lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast, stage 1, her2 neg, and I am schedule for surg. may 30 for a segmental mascetomy, and will have 5 weeks of radiation treatments.

By May 16, 2012 - 9:55am

my question is should i get a 2nd opinon on the treatment plan. I read that it was not necessary for surgery and can be treat through hormones. Also it is less than a centimeter

Hi msgreen1958

Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry about your diagnosis.

Most people believe a second opinion is extremely important and I am one of them. A good doctor will be fine with you choosing to do this.Ask as many questions as you need and find out all your options.

I wish you the best and please stay in touch with us!

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide