I was diagnosed with CIN2 on my cervix and my doctor says I need a leep procedure. Would I be able to reverse the cells without the leep procedure?

I have been taking multi vitamins and trying to boost my immune system but I tend to be an anxious person. Could that work against me from improving my immune system? I also recently purchased Turkey Tail immune support. Is this a good option for me to boost my immune system?

Hi Anonymous and welcome to EmpowHER.

CIN 2 is usually caused by certain types of human papillomavirus (HPV). While CIN 2 is not cancer, it may become cancer and spread to nearby normal tissue if not treated.

Treatment for CIN 2 may include cryotherapy, laser therapy, loop electrosurgical procedure (LEEP), or cone biopsy to remove or destroy the abnormal tissue.

Taking multivitamins and/or products which claim they boost the immune system will not impact or remove the CIN 2 cells.

Anxiety and stress will increase your body's production of cortisol, a hormone, and that may impact the timing and flow of your period. It will not impact the CIN 2 cells.

It's totally understandable to have anxiety and questions, and you are right to ask your doctor about them.

We have several articles on HPV here on the site that may help answer your questions:  http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/hpv-basics. Another great source of information is the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm.

Hopefully having more information, and knowing you are not alone in facing this, will be helpful.

Anonymous (reply to Pam Ellen)

Thank you so much for your advise.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide