I was diagnosed with CML and have been taking Glivec the past month, but am feeling pain in my kidney and backbone. Please help!

By December 12, 2012 - 10:32am

Hi Arshad Khan

Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry about your recent diagnosis.

Symptoms of CML include that pain around the kidney area (below the ribs) a general feeling of malaise as well as fevers, night sweats and weight loss.

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of the medication you are taking is musculoskeletal pain and this may be what is happening with you. You need to tell your doctor about this pain straight away to make sure a connection can be established and that it isn't being caused by something else.

Also, here is an article for you that I think is a must read: http://www.empowher.com/cancer/content/cml-patients-survivors-changing-l...

Please keep us posted and we wish you the very best,

Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia