I was put on a beta blocker for depression. I am 68 years old and want to get off this drug. I suffer from OCD and Gad... and have many boutsof depression in my life I am depressed now ... and it seemed to come on a week after starting the drug..

By March 23, 2015 - 8:02pm

I am going to call my family doctor.. and ask to be taken off this med.... and am wondering if I should be bold and forward in this endeavor.

Hi nodakgal Thanks so much for writing to us. I'm sorry you're feeling worse on the beta blocker when it's supposed to be making you feel better. But there is actually a link between between beta blockers and depression. So maybe it's the wrong medication for you. You can read a medical opinion on it here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/830514 You should absolutely be bold about approaching your doctor about this. This is your life, nobody else's. It's not a good idea to go off them before having a char but do what is best for you! Susan March 24, 2015 - 5:47am

Depression Guide