Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: I was told that I have a very thick uterine wall and need a biopsy. Im 33 and I'm scared. Help

By Connie22

I have had many issues with my periods since age 19. I bleed sometimes up to 142 (at the last actual count) days straight. I've given up and stopped counting. Well I've had a itravaginal ultrasound and my Doctor told me I have a very thick lining and the next step is a biopsy. I am going to see a specialist soon but I am scared none less. I gues what I'm asking is... Is anyone currently dealing with this issue too? Or have been there already?...

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Hi Connie - Of course you're scared. Thanks for reaching out, and I hope you also have some friends or family members nearby who can provide support too. It's never easy to hear that your doctor wants to do a biopsy.

Did you doctor indicate why he/she felt the biopsy was needed? Was there any discussion of endometriosis or of cancer? Having a better idea of what condition is indicated will help in finding information and resources to support you.

We heard from a woman a while back who had a situation somewhat like yours, and you might find her comments helpful: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/what-would-cause-very-thick-uterin...

As this news settles in you may come up with some more specific questions. If so please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Take good care, Pat

Connie22

Forgive my spelling. I'm using my phone.

How do you control your PMS?: