I woke from a nap to find my the upper white part of my eye red has if I got hit in the eye

Some people wake up with red eyes (on the eyeball) and find it all goes away after an hour or so. When I nap, I wake up and my eyes are like slits - one reason why I don't like naps!

These red blotches are usually due to swollen blood vessels in the eye and can be more pronounced when tired.

Dry eyes or allergies can also be a cause.

Another cause is conjunctivitis (also known as pink eye) or blepharitis - these are both infections. You can read an article about both here, it will explain a lot: http://www.empowher.com/pink-eye/content/pink-eye-and-blepharitis-whats-difference

You may find this redness will go away on it's own. If it doesn't, see your doctor.

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide