I wonder if I could be pregnant?

lI had unprotected sex with my husband a few days before my period was due. It came, but was not normal. I usually have a heavy darker period, and this was light and reddish/pink. Now, after my period is gone, I have abdominal cramps, my breasts feel heavy, and I noticed some lactation there, (I do have a 2.5 yr old, but only breastfed 8 weeks due to health issues.) I really want to have another baby, but I am wondering if I am just having wishful thinking that any of these signs could mean yes. How long do I have to wait before it would show on a pregnancy test? I would just wait to see if I miss my next period, but I don't have insurance, and some of the things I've read suggest there could be some other issue requiring medical attention. I would love to hear what you think. Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Sex right before your period is due rarely results in pregnancy as ovulation occurs around the middle of the month.

Even if your period was light, it still counts as a period. As to why it was lighter than usual, we can't say.

However, a pregnancy test would be accurate by now so take one to know for sure.