Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: iam taking femilon pills for my cyst. why am i urinating often

during my last period i had a severe abdominal pain. my pain was so bad that i nearly fainted. after tat when i went to consult a gyno, i was diagnosed with a cyst .she prescribed femilon pills for 21 days. during this course of taking pills, me and my fiance made love. iam still taking those pills.. 2 more pills for 21 days to get over. but for past 1 week iam urinating often. is there any possibility of me becoming pregnant?? am scared... while prescribing these pills, she told they are actually taken for delaying pregnancy.. but still am scared..i need to know if this frequent urinating a symptom of pregnancy or its because of the cyst.

laya

oh..thank you.. :) ..its 15 days since we made love, but i do not see any symptoms like nausea , vomiting , fatigue or any circle around my nipples..only frequent urination was there for last 1 week. now it has stopped. so is there any chance of pregnancy? or if there are any symptoms which can be seen in 1st 2 weeks, please do tell me..

Dear Anon,

Has your water/fluid intake increased since taking the femilon pills? If so, this could be the reason why you are urinating more frequently. Also, keep in mind that if you were not on Oral Contraceptives before, you should have been using a backup form of birth control for the first two weeks of taking Femilon. Otherwise, there is a chance for pregnancy.

Good luck,

Rosa

laya (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

How do you control your PMS?: