if on birth control but stop and period starts can you get pregnant

stopped taking birth control all together cause made me sick . only was on it a week and me and my husband had sex in the red could i still get pregnant . my period ususally is 7 days but iam still bleeding.

Thanks for your question! I do not understand what having sex "in the red" is but you can get pregnant any time you have unprotected sex. You're bleeding is likely due to withdrawing from the Pill. If it continues, contact your doctor.

Thanks for writing!