If I get my period early will ovulation come earlier as well?

By Anonymous February 14, 2013 - 1:27pm

Hello. My cycle is usually 29 days but last month my period started 2 days early because of a stressful situation. Will this effect when I will ovulate this month? So for example if my cycle is 29 days and I usually ovulate on cycle day 14...will having my period start 2 days early cause me to ovulate 2 days sooner? I hope that makes sense. We're trying to conceive. Thank you.

We cannot tell you for sure - you may ovulate mid cycle, but also "early" which would actually be on time according to this past month's cycle.

Consider getting an ovulation predictor kit and either way, start having sex on day 9 or 10 of your cycle so you don't miss ovulation this month.