ask: If I had sex with clothes on can i be pregnant

i had sex with my bf and we had clothes on. i have gotten my period twice since then. i was wondering if it was still possible to be pregnant?? please help me!

Hi,
I am wondering what your definition of "sex" is?

Like Diane said, the first sign that you know you're pregnant is a missed period, so since you've had 3 periods since the "day in question", then you are definitely not pregnant. Also, sex with penetration (penis going inside vagina) is not possible with your clothes actually on and covering your body, which is why I asked what your definition of "sex" is?

Here are some great online pamphlets, created especially for young women:
- Menstruation
- You and Your Sexuality

We would love to talk with you more about all aspects of a healthy romantic relationship, including (but not limited to): communication, knowing and understanding your own body (like periods), kissing, touching, making-out, sex/intercourse using protection and/or waiting...and everything in-between.

What questions do you have?

Diane Porter

Hi, Anon. So sorry to hear that this is worrying you so much.

Let me put your fears at rest -- no, you could not be pregnant.

First of all, it's not possible to have actual intercourse with your clothing on. It's possible to engage in heavy petting and in all the actions of sex except penetration, but even in that case, if the man were to ejaculate within his clothing and you had your clothing on as well, it would be a million-to-one chance that some sperm could actually escape his clothing, enter yours and enter your vagina.

But the fact that you have had two periods since then is also the sign that you are not pregnant. If you ever become pregnant, your periods stop. And by the time you are late for your first period, a home pregnancy test would tell you that you were pregnant.

I'm so sorry this has caused you so much distress. Is there more information I can give you about intercourse and/or about safe sex? Are there questions that you have? Please feel free to write back and ask. That's what we're here for.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: