If I had unprotected sex a week prior to my expected period would that make me miss my period?

By September 14, 2016 - 5:59am

Basically I had unprotected sex a week before my expected period. I am now 6 days late with clear extra discharge, but still no period in sight. I was just wondering I know some women ovulate late and there is always a chance of pregnancy without any form of birth control. Although we did start off with a condom and half way it got taken off. And if it can cause me to miss my period when should I take a pregnancy test and it be accurate?

Hi Advicehelp08

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Unprotected sex a week before your period is due is generally safe but as you say, women can ovulate late and there is always a risk of pregnancy.

Since you are 6 days late now, a pregnancy test would be accurate. It's a good idea to take one.