If i lose my baby while on progesterone will i bleed or will it stay inside untile it found out?

By Anonymous April 21, 2010 - 12:08pm

I am 7weeks and 4 days preganet i'm taking progesterone to raise my levales witch were12 at the timei start taking them.Every now and then i get a wiff of a bad oder coming from down below could it be the baby has died?I had STD test done before i found out i was preganet and they were negitave. Can someone help me with this?

well thanks for all the support but i went to my appointment yesterday for a follow up to thursday visit they rechecked my HCG and to my suprise it went up from 4200 to 5700 but because it didn't dubble the doc did an ultrasound and we didn't see a heart beat she also tried to see if she could see blood flow just in case we just coulden't see the beats and we didn't she ask me if i wanted to take some meds to make it all come out or wait to see if it happens naturally and i desided to wait i'm just not confortabale about the hole thing i could not beleave there was no heart beat after friday it was so strong. even though they say the meds i was given for my bacterial infection (metronidazole gel) was safe i just can't help but think it played a part in this lost. thanks i guest this will end my post.

(reply to Anonymous)

I am so sorry; I know this is a very difficult time for you, and you are looking for answers as to why you would have a miscarriage. I also assume that information is not helpful at this point, but I did want to give you a website that does explain miscarriage and how frequently they occur, and also some possible reasons that they may occur: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/miscarriage.html

As your first posts pointed out, you and your doctor were concerned about your HCG levels (even before your suspected infection). It is unlikely that the medicine used for your infection would cause a miscarriage in an otherwise healthy pregnancy. Please let us know if you would like to talk about this any more; we are here for you!

Definitely keep us posted.

Stay upbeat and keep going forward - right now there seems to be no strong reason to expect a miscarriage and believe me, the power of positive thinking is very powerful indeed!

We look forward to your updates!

i will keep you posted and thanks for being so suportive;-)

I am very sorry you are facing this kind of stress during pregnancy. It can be very tough on a mom who has had a previous loss. On the positive side, a bacterial infection can be treated and cured and your baby has a strong heart beat which is wonderful! Take good care of yourself, take those prenatals, keep up with your doctors visits and maintain a positive perspective on this pregnancy.

Please keep us posted, we are all rooting for you and your little baby. Sending positive vibes your way!

Try to stay positive as you do not want to put any undo stress on the baby. Unfortunately, we cannot predict the outcome of your pregnancy, we can only be supportive to you with any research available. The best thing for you to do right now is to try not to stress yourself out too much and take it easy. Be sure to always be in touch with your physician since he/she knows your history.

Could you do us a favor? Could you keep us updated on your progress?

Dear Anonymous

Thanks for your question and welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm so sorry you are having these fears, I know that the first trimester is a worrying time for all new mothers.

An odor coming from your genital region in no way indicates that your baby has died. What I would suggest you do is talk to your doctor for reassurance. At 7 weeks old, your baby does have a heartbeat now but it's might be a bit hard to hear it, but it's not impossible, of course.

It seems that you are being closely monitored at the moment, although help is limited at the 7 week level. But please always remember you can call your doctor or nurse whenever you have concerns.

When you say there is an odor, what kind? Are you bathing everyday using all the usual methods of hygiene?

Hi and thank you for your responce i did see my doctor and he told me it may be a bacteria infection so he gave me meds for it. i'm still having littly complacation he say my baby has a strong heart beat but he is a lil concerned about my HCG levals when i first found out i was preganet they were 5700 two days later they were 6300 these are estaments then a week later they were 4500 then a weeek after that it was 4200 right now the fetus is mesauring at 7weeks to day since week 4 i have had miner spotting very light color is pechey and once it was light red and i see the spotting like weeks apart. even thow the baby has a strong heart beat and my levals are going down what are the chances of it servivig? could my HCG start to go back up? i'm also taking progesterone because my levales were at 12 at 5 1/2 wks but he is not monitoring that. Also i had a miscarrage befor this preganancy at 6weeks in Febuary i dont know if there was a heart beat because before i made it to my first appointment i had the misscarage and i took clomid to get preganet both times. i go back tomorow for a nother HCG TEST im praying it goes up and not down. I'm wondering if i should be preparing myself emotionaly for a miscarrage or just stay positive?