If period came early last cycle, could it come late this cycle?

By Anonymous March 8, 2012 - 9:13am

Last month I got my period 4 days earlier than I expected, i got it 2/9 when I should have gotten it 2/12. I always have gotten my period the day before the last period; for example, I got my period 12/14, then 1/13, and it should go backwards. I also started to become sexually active with my bf towards the end of Feb of this year, and has never cum'd inside me, and if I follow my "cycle" I should have gotten my period today, but I haven't. Could it be resetting itself back to the normal cycle, or could I be pregnant?

February was a short month, so this may be why your period has changed.

If you are using the "pull-out" method, then as long as you avoid sex during your ovulation week, you should be ok if your period is very, very regular although this method is not as reliable as birth control/condoms.

If you are using the pullout method all month, then you do risk pregnancy since a man's pre-ejaculate fluid can contain sperm. I would think your risk is low if you are using the withdrawal method correctly, but if you don't get your period in the new few days, taking a test is a good idea.