ask: If you cramp a week before your period, spot then bleed heavy for two days and spot after are you pregnant?

I started cramping a week before my period was due. I was spotting for two days then I began to have heavy bleeding for two days. After the two days of heavy bleeding I began to spot for two days and then nothing. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. My mom and sister thinks it may be to early to detect pregnancy but i think I'm not..although the period was not as heavy as I'm used to and the fact that I don't usually get cramps during my period. Should I take another test? Is something wrong with me?

Anonymous

I need help with a similar situation. I am not tct but what I have been going through the past few weeks seems like I could be preg. I will start off by saying I am very regular with af every 28 days. The day before she arrives I get back pain then the next morning it starts very heavy for the first day but only last about 4-5 days. This month is very different I am very intune with my body and about 2 weeks ago I just felt something was different. I got a lot of back pain and my period wasnt due for another 2 weeks. I also had very sore breast, was an emotional wreck, tired, bloated and just felt off. So I am expecting my period monday as usual but friday 8/1 i had awful cramps (which i never get)on my left groin area and then had light pink bleeding the day after the bleeding got heavier and bright red (today, sorry for the graphics) and now just stopped to a brown spotting. I am just freaking out because my cycle never changes! I took a test came out negative but I still have some cramping and nausia. Thanks to whoever reads this novel and I hope to hear back.

-m

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you been having unprotected sex?

Right now, trust your pregnancy test as, when taken correctly, they are usually right. 

Since you are bleeding now, you can take this as your period, even if it isn't like your usual period. 

You may just have a hormonal shift or change in body chemistry that is causing a strange period, this can happen out of the blue to even the most regular people. 

You may also have had a cyst that ruptured, causing the pain. Some women get cysts every month and when they pass through, they can be painful. 

However, you need to monitor the next few days to see if that pain comes back. If it does, see a doctor to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

When you have your next annual, or if this pain happens again, ask to be checked for cysts. 

Will you keep us posted?

Anonymous

-m

Anonymous

Hey maryann
I think i maybe pregnant last time i had sex was may 20. I got my period the june but 3 days late and light bleeding ( unusual for me). July i got my period on time but light not even a half pad full tmi. Heightened in smell, tiredness, cramps, alot of bloating, hardiness in the lower stomach area. I dont know whats going on ???

Anonymous

My last period was may 22 2014 I spotted june 7th till the 11.. I went to er june 10 neg blood and urine june 20 I went back neg blood and urine. Spotted june 23 to 27 then spotted more july 11 till 15.. took hpt neg.. had every sypmtom of preg but now they are fading cept I swear I can feel movement... I think im 8 weeks 3 days dont ow what to do help

Anonymous

Okay so last month my period lasted 2day n was very light this month my period came a week early first 2 day iwas light only see it if I wipe then got heavy for 3days now for the past 2days it's light again never been on my period this long maybe 4days at the most.... My boyfriend want me to take a test but idk don't wnt to be disappointed ... Been craving salt also I just want to put it on my food!! I could use some advice

Anonymous

Anonymous

I started my period 8 days early, it was really dark and heavy i was on the pill and forgot it when i moved and had unprotected sex 2 days later my bf said he pulled out but ive been having belly pains like cramps my legs have been hurting my teeth have been hurting to and i went to the hospital to get a test done it cam back negative but they said my stress could make it come back negative....i have had a baby already (3 months ago) but when i was pregnant with her i had the same symptoms...could i be pregnant again?

Anonymous

I have had unprotected sex on and off for the past month last week I stopped due to an expecting period. I usually start on Sunday (this would have been the 22) and last until at least Friday(which would have been the 27). I didnt start until the 27 but I had spotting Tuesday the 24 til Thursday the 26. My period was a lot lighter than usual. And it ended Tuesday. I woke up this morning the 3rd and had cramping with light spotting. I have been extremely tired, my breasts have been swollen but not sore, I have had frequent headaches and nausea. What could this be?I am also on the pill but I constantly miss pills on accident.

Also I never spot. And it started out as a light pink then changed to a brownish discharge. The second spotting is pink. Not sure if it'll change to brownish discharge or not.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: