Q: 

if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

I started Tri lo Estarylla just two weeks ago and I'm never on time taking the pills but I took them every day. I missed a couple of pills in week 2 and week 3 for Sunday. During week 2 I had unprotected sex twice in that week. What are my chances?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Very good chance of becoming pregnant.

Missing active pills, taking the pills late and not using a backup method of birth control, like a condom, increases your risk.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello,
I started my pregnancy pills on the 9 th day of my period and I ate two pills. Then on 18th day of my period I forgot to eat. After 12 hours I ate 1. Should I eat 2 pills tonight and 2 pills tomorrow night? I haven't had sex during this time. Am I safe to have sex the next month?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are you referring to birth control pills?

Are you referring to the days in your menstrual cycle rather than your period?

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Sorry. Yes birth control pills. Yes menstrual cycle. In fact, the pills are 21. I ate two pills together on the 9th day of my menstrual cycle. I forgot one on the 18th day, but I ate that pill as soon as I remembered. Then continued the remained pills as usual. I didn't have sex in this month. I intend to start sex with my boyfriend in the next cycle. Is it o.k to continue this row, stop 7 days, and start the new row of pills?
Thank you

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes. That is what you should do.

Regards,

Anonymous

I missed the two pills before my placebo pills on my BC pack. I didn't make them up. Started my period 2 days earlier than normal; obviously bc I skipped two. Had unprotected sex the next Sunday (husband pulled out, ejaculated, then we kept going). What are my chances of pregnancy?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should have been protected if you took a daily active pill at the same time each day once you started the new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous

HELP!

So I am in the middle of my birth control pack, missed two pills in the beginning of it, and then missed three pills in a row these past few days AND had unprotected sex last night. I'm pretty sure I was ovulating during this time. How great are the chances that I'm pregnant? I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 28 with a great job and we want kids so it's not the end of the world if I am pregnant. How soon can I test???

Thanks!

Carly

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Carly,

Missing more than one active dose, not making up for it, and not using backup protection during intercourse carries a good chance for becoming pregnant.

If you do not have any bleeding during your week of inactive pills, then test for pregnancy.

Regards,