if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

HI I have a question. I've been on the pill for 6 years, and am very good at taking it. I haven't missed a pill in months, and take it within the same hour or two every night. I had unprotected sex on the 14th day, and I was told you in fact do ovulate on the pill. I haven't had sex in awhile, and had spotting for a few days after. I then had cramping for 5 days. I'm supposed to get my period in 3 days. What are the chances that my cramps are due to being pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Who told you that you ovulate on the Pill? If you did, then no woman would take it for birth control. A woman does not ovulate when she takes the Pill correctly as you seem to be doing.

Some women do spot for a random reason on the Pill - you may have PMS - this doesn't often happen when on the Pill but it could explain your cramps.

You are not late so my advice is to relax and await your period. Cramping could also be a digestive issue.

You can take a test if you don't get your bleeding on time but I suspect it will be negative.

Anonymous

Hi I have taken my pills for about 3 weeks today. Unfortunately I was late in taking them for a few hours on the early part of my 2nd week for two consecutive days. I have taken them as soon as I remembered which is both less than 24 hours for 2 days. I had unprotected sex 4 days after this incident. Is there a possibility of pregnancy? Thanks.

While it's best to take your pill at the same time every day, your risk has not been raised.

Anonymous

I am 22 years old. I missed the first week of pills because I was late picking it up from the pharmacy. I had unprotected sex and took one pill the night of. I haven't taken any since then.. I started spotting/bleeding exactly a week before I was meant to get my period For about 2-days.. I thought it was my period but they have never been that short.. Can I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi. I've been off the pill for about 3 months now. My period is now 8 days late. On day 6 I took a pregnancy test it was negative. I am having pregnancy symptoms. It is possible I am pregnant and taking test too soon?

Anonymous

At 8 days late a test should be accurate but if you are always regular then a blood test at the doctors may be a better indication.

Anonymous

Hi
im 18 and ive take birth control for about 5 months and recently this week i missed two pills and had unprotected sex the second day i missed my pill my period calender shows that im fertile. Could i become pregnant?

You're not "fertile" when on the Pill. So the issue is whether you ovulated or not due to missing two pills. If you made both up on the third day and took that days pill too, you should be ok. Use a backup (condom) for seven days just in case.