ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Anonymous

I forgot to take two pills on day 7 and 8. I had unprotected sex on day 7. I continued taking my pills on day 9 but did not make up for the two I did not take. I am on more nil which is a 28 day pack. I also started bleeding on day 8 a week after I had my period. Could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi I missed 2 pills on the first week monday and Tuesday and I had unprotected sex on Saturday and he came inside me. I don't know what to do I just had some spotting could I be pregnat or is this spotting just happening because I forgot to take it for 2 day?

Anonymous

Hi, I just started birth control(lo loestrin) on September 15th as soon as I got my period. I haven't missed any pills I take them every day at 8:00 pm. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex twice once on the 23rd, and this week Monday September 29. I have been spotting some days brownish and others red I know that's normal when you start birth control but I wanna know if the pill has already become effective, do I have a chance of possibly being pregnant or is the pill already effective?
Please reply ASAP thank you!

Anonymous

Hi, I've been on birth control for about 5-6 months and I am a Sunday starter. This month I missed a pill on my second week (It was a Friday) and I had unprotected sex that night. Then the next morning (on Saturday) I took that days pill and Fridays pill on time. I had sex later that day as well and he pulled out. Then I missed Sundays pill (the first pill of my third week) we haven't had sex since Saturday and on Monday I took Sunday and Mondays pill. I am on my third week and I've started my period which isn't supposed to be until next week. Do I need to take a pregnancy test?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you are missing pills frequently, this bleeding is probably withdrawal bleeding. You may have an increased risk of pregnancy but it's more likely that you're not, since you have this withdrawal bleeding. You can test for pregnancy to confirm this and perhaps choose a method of birth control that suits you better.

Anonymous

Hi,
I missed the 3rd and 4th pills in my pack (Aviane) and had unprotected sex on the same day I missed the 4th pill, but then took two pills the 5th day and two the 6th day as recommended. I have not had sex since. Is there any chance I could still have gotten pregnant?
Thanks

HI Anon

Check the pamphlet that came with your pills. 

Generally speaking, if you miss two pills and make them up as recommended, you are fine. It's missing three or more than can cause problems. 

Anonymous

I missed three pills out of week 2 of my pill pack, I've had sex with my boyfriend each night I've missed. I haven't started bleeding yet, Could I be pregnant?

Your pregnancy risk has been raised. Start a new pack today and use a condom as a back up for a week. Test for pregnancy in two weeks to rule that out. 

I missed piss for Fri Sat and Sun, I just started bleeding on Monday bright red, is it possible that after this bleed I could still be pregnant or no.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: