ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Monistar

Hey Susan,
Well now I have had irregular bleeding for about 3 days now which has stopped. Should I still take an at hpt? I have been having symptoms of a pregnancy but I think it could be because I missed my pills. I'm assuming the irregular bleeding could mean that I am not pregnant ?

Monistar

Hey Susan,

Monistar

Hey Susan,

Monistar

Hey Susan,

Monistar

Hey Susan,

Monistar

Hi Susan, I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and missed one pill the night of, and another pill the next day. These are both in my 3rd week. Once I realized what happened I took one pill that came after the two I missed. How likely is it for me to become pregnant? I read that sperm can live in my body for up to 72 hours.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Monistar)

Hi Monistar

You should have taken both your missed pills, and your next pill all at once and used protection for the next 7 days. 

I can't tell you how likely pregnancy is, only that your risk has been raised. You're still safer than had you not been on the pill at all. 

Your period will likely be along as usual, you may have some irregular bleeding due to missing two pills.  Continue taking your pills as usual.

Monistar (reply to Susan Cody)

So does irregular bleeding mean that I am not pregnant? In all I missed 3 in a row after having unprotected sex. Took one pill and missed the other one. So basically 4 missed pills altogether. Could I have still gotten pregnant? Think I want to take my test now.

- Monistar

Hi again

Yes, pregnancy is possible if you miss that many pills.  A pregnancy test is accurate about 12-14 days after you have sex. Sometimes even a day earlier than that. If it has been that long then you can go ahead. 

Monistar

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: