if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

I've been on birth control for a year now and I'm very forgetful with them. I missed 3 pills in a row a few weeks ago and I doubled up for 2 days until I was back to normal with taking one a day. The next week I missed one as well. I have been having light brown discharge for 6 days now. I was supposed to start my period 3 days ago, and instead of blood I'm still having light brown when I wipe. I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I'm worried I could be pregnant. Ive been tired a lot more than usual, peeing a lot and crankier than normal PMS. Any suggestions?

Since you are missing so many pills, it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

If you're not pregnant, it's likely your irregularity with taking pills is the cause of this discharge.

Anonymous

Is it necessary to use a back up form of birth control contraception after missing my pill twice in one week?
I missed my day 5, so I took two on my day 6 around the usual time of 9-11pm. I also forgot my to take my day 7. I took both my day 7 and my day 8 at the same time of noon because I was worried I would forget it again. I know it is suggested to use condoms if I miss two days of pills in a row. Is it also suggested for two pills missed in a week?

Good question!

If you missed two at separate times in the week and make both up the next day along with the usual pill then you should be covered. Some people use a condom just in case but I don't think it's strictly necessary.

Anonymous

M confused how this works but can you please help me. Iv been using trigestrel for a year now and my bf and I have been having unprotected sex the whole month. Yesterday I had unprotected sex with my bf and I took an active pill yesterday but today my pills went missing and where I am I cannot get hold of them...will i be pregnant if I wait about 10 days to get a new pack?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Taking a daily active pill at the same time each day keeps hormone levels constant. That is how it works.

If you do not take your pills, and are sexually active, your partner must wear a condom from start to finish, each time or you will get pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi,
I have a question. I' m on birth control for about 3 yeras. I usually take my pills around 8-10 pm. In the end of my second week on Saturday I missed a pill and had unprotected sex, and on Sunday I realized that I missed my Saturday's pill around 12:00 am at midnight, so I took two pills right away, and then one on Monday scheduled one. What are my chances to get pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You may be okay because you made up for the missed dose as soon as possible.

Anonymous

Hi, so this week I've missed two pills, Saturday & sunday, and had unprotected sex on saturday, but remembered to take 2 today (Monday). I really don't want to get pregnant at such a young age, but I feel it is still a bit early to take a test, would there still be a chance that I could fall pregnant if I was supposed to be ovulating today? and if I continue to take 2 pills tomorrow and then normally for the rest of this month, would it stop the egg from being released?
thankss

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Birth control pills prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation. That happens because taking an active pill at the same time each day keeps hormone levels constant.

Missing active pills in a row without making up for the missed doses as soon as possible can cause hormone levels to drop which can trigger ovulation.

You should have taken two pills on Monday and two pills on Tuesday to make up for the mistake.

Continue to take your daily pill. Wait for the week of inactive pills and see if you have withdrawal bleeding. No bleeding, test and contact your gynecologist.

Regards,