if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

i missed Thursday and Friday's pills from my pill pack during the first week. i was out of town as last minute plans and didn't even realize i had missed them until i was unpacking and realized they weren't there to begin with. i had unprotected intercourse with my bf on that Friday. i am one of those rare few that know and feel discomfort when i ovulate, and i most deff had that dull cramp on one side in the front of my pelvic area Sunday. I'm rather panicking. What is the likelihood I'm going to end up pregnant? I've taken my pills religiously for 8 yrs and can't believe i goofed :/

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

In hindsight, it would have been wise for your partner to have used a condom.

I cannot predict the likelihood that you conceived. You know your body best. If you think you ovulated on Sunday, and sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in your reproductive tract, there is a chance for conception to have happened.

When did you start taking your pills again? You could reach out to your gynecologist or simply wait to see if you bleed during the inactive pill week.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Ty Maryann for your response!

i did call my gyno yesterday. He said i could take plan b, but he had concerns about the timing (it's been three days now four). indeed, in hindsight,a condom would've been appropriate, but i didn't discover my mistake until after i returned home. :( my gyno said the same as you did. he added that i had not been on them long enough this cycle to induce the thickened ueterine lining. i took my Saturday pill as normal, and discovered i should've doubled up that night and the next. again, information much too late :/. i suppose I'll have to wait. Doctor said to finish pack. is that correct?

again, thank you.
I'm feeling miserably stupid.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No need to feel stupid. I am sure you will not forget this and will never miss a pill again:) We can only learn from our mistakes.

Yes, follow your doctor's instructions to finish the pack.

6dpo if I'm right about Sunday. I've been googling (i know, bad idea). I'm nit feeling very confident. 24 hrs I've felt insanely sore breasted, cramping like menstrual but not anywhere near as painful, and increased, creamy, odorless discharge. last night i had a hard time getting to sleep...i want to say i was nauseious, but i never felt sick...just queezy. this afternoon,i developed several pimples on my chin (i can't tell you how long it's been since I've had a zit). I'm aware those symptoms can be pms related, but i don't recall ever having them this early. normally, my menses starts 4 days into my placebo pills so I'm 12 days away from a period and send way too soon, but idk :/any advice as to anything else i should be watching for? i was over two months pregnant with my son before i knew because i had NO symptoms, so this is all new to me :/ sorry if I sound ridiculous!

Anonymous

HI I have a question. I've been on the pill for 6 years, and am very good at taking it. I haven't missed a pill in months, and take it within the same hour or two every night. I had unprotected sex on the 14th day, and I was told you in fact do ovulate on the pill. I haven't had sex in awhile, and had spotting for a few days after. I then had cramping for 5 days. I'm supposed to get my period in 3 days. What are the chances that my cramps are due to being pregnant?

Who told you that you ovulate on the Pill? If you did, then no woman would take it for birth control. A woman does not ovulate when she takes the Pill correctly as you seem to be doing.

Some women do spot for a random reason on the Pill - you may have PMS - this doesn't often happen when on the Pill but it could explain your cramps.

You are not late so my advice is to relax and await your period. Cramping could also be a digestive issue.

You can take a test if you don't get your bleeding on time but I suspect it will be negative.

Anonymous

Hi I have taken my pills for about 3 weeks today. Unfortunately I was late in taking them for a few hours on the early part of my 2nd week for two consecutive days. I have taken them as soon as I remembered which is both less than 24 hours for 2 days. I had unprotected sex 4 days after this incident. Is there a possibility of pregnancy? Thanks.

While it's best to take your pill at the same time every day, your risk has not been raised.

Anonymous

I am 22 years old. I missed the first week of pills because I was late picking it up from the pharmacy. I had unprotected sex and took one pill the night of. I haven't taken any since then.. I started spotting/bleeding exactly a week before I was meant to get my period For about 2-days.. I thought it was my period but they have never been that short.. Can I be pregnant?