ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi,
I missed the 3rd and 4th pills in my pack (Aviane) and had unprotected sex on the same day I missed the 4th pill, but then took two pills the 5th day and two the 6th day as recommended. I have not had sex since. Is there any chance I could still have gotten pregnant?
Thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

HI Anon

Check the pamphlet that came with your pills. 

Generally speaking, if you miss two pills and make them up as recommended, you are fine. It's missing three or more than can cause problems. 

Anonymous

I missed three pills out of week 2 of my pill pack, I've had sex with my boyfriend each night I've missed. I haven't started bleeding yet, Could I be pregnant?

Your pregnancy risk has been raised. Start a new pack today and use a condom as a back up for a week. Test for pregnancy in two weeks to rule that out. 

I missed piss for Fri Sat and Sun, I just started bleeding on Monday bright red, is it possible that after this bleed I could still be pregnant or no.

Anonymous

I missed pill 11 and 12 due to forgetting my pills while camping! I had unprotected sex with my husband on day 12- I started spotting on day 13 and am still spotting and it is day 14 today. I was just curious how ovulation works when you are on the pill? Could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

I began a new pack right when I got them. I was two weeks into the pack but I missed two, Friday and Saturday. On Monday I got my period, I had un protected sex the day after the last day on my period, can I be pregnant?

Anonymous

I have missed my birth control for the past two weeks. Had sex without anything. Can I start taking the pill this Sunday or am I pregant and should wait to know for sure

Anonymous

I am taking qlaira pills for 3 months now I forgot to take the pill on day 9 and had unprotected sex that day i took day 9 pill on day 10 with that days pill. I started my new pack today and havnt gotten my period i usually get it on the last pill day 28. Could i be pregnant?

Since you made up your pill as prescribed and you got your period, you are not pregnant.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: