ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Anonymous

hi, I started my pack Feb. 4 and I missed 12-13 of feb. (9th & 10th day). We had contact last feb. 13 and I just realized on feb. 14 that I missed. So I took 3 pills at the same time. Two missed days & one on actual day. Will I get pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We don't know if you'll get pregnant. 

But you made up your pills as directed so your risk is low. Consider using a condom for the next week. 

Anonymous

Hi! I missed two pills .. Didn't take them .. I had a little break through bleeding . I continued the pill for the next day! when it stopped I had unprotected sex with my husband . Could I become pregnant?

There is some risk, Anon, as you are supposed to take the pill every day and you didn't, nor did you make them up. 

The pill is to be taken everyday to prevent pregnancy. So if you don't do this, the risk is there. 

Susan. 

Anonymous

Feb. 14 i forgot to take a pill but i didnt notice it and kept taking one pill a day, up until feb 17. So when i realized that i miss a pill a few days ago i took two pills on feb 17. Is therea possibility that i will get pregnant? Because me and my husband have a very active sex life and in between these days we had contact. So is there a chance i'll get pregnant? Pls answer me cos i really dont know what to do.

There is nothing to do, just keep taking your pills.  Pregnancy is very unlikely and I'm sure you'll get your period when it's due.

Anonymous

Last week I missed 2 pills in a row on Saturday & Sunday (week 2 of packet) & had intercourse on Saturday night but didn't start my pill again until Monday (I forgot to take them). I had a little bit of spotting in the week & have felt like my period is coming but it's not due until next week I'm on the combined pill so I get the 7 day break. What are my chances of pregnancy since I missed 2 pills in a row?

If you made up your pills on Monday and also took that day's pill too, you should be ok but use a condom as a backup until your period comes.

Anonymous

Hi! Not sure if I'll get a response to this, but around the end of my 2nd week on my 28-day combination pills, I had unprotected sex. The next evening, I threw up about one-two hours after taking my pill (I take them around 9:30 pm). It didn't occur to me that I should make this pill up, so I didn't take a second pill the following day and just carried on like a never missed that pill. Is there a chance that I could have ovulated during that one day with no pill, and I could have gotten pregnant?

There may be some risk if your pill was not absorbed properly by the time you were ill but your risk is still very low. Continue taking your pills as usual. If you don't get your period on time, take a test.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: