ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Anonymous

I normally take my pill at around 10am each morning, on Tuesday I was out and didn't have my pill so didn't end up taking it until about 11pm. I took it normal time on Wednesday morning then had unprotected sex on Wednesday evening, will I still be protected or should I get the morning after pill today?

Anonymous

I missed a pill on my 3rd week. When I remembered it was the next day, at the time I didn't know that if you miss a pill you are supposed to take two the next day so I didn't. The next two days I had protected sex with spermicide condoms. That was about two weeks ago. and now I am about a week late with my period. What are my chances of being pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi, i am on generess fe and I forgot to take my pill on Wednesday night, so Thursday night at 8pm I took two at the same time. Then on Friday night I forgot to take it again and remembered as soon as I woke up Saturday morning to take it. Am I still protected? Im going on vacation with my boyfriend in a week and I'm just wondering if I should use a back up method.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should be covered but you really need to set an alarm so that this doesn't happen anymore as you are walking a fine line! 

Have a great vacation! 

Anonymous

I forgot to take my week 2 pills only on Monday and Friday but made up for both on Tuesday and Saturday mornings. Am I still protected?

Anonymous

I missed my pill last Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on Thursday and I carried on taking my pill on Friday but didn't make up for the 3 pills I'd missed and then on Saturday I started bleeding but I'm not due to have my pill break for another 2 weeks or so? Could I be pregnant?

The bleeding is due to missing your pill. Use a back up method of contraception for the next 7 days. If you don't get your period when expected, test for pregnancy.

I was bleeding for 4 days and it stopped for a day and now its carrying on... My lower back and stomach are constantly aching. Is this still because I missed the few days of my pill?

Anonymous

I started the pill 2 weeks ago after having Implant for almost 3 years. I missed 4 pills and didn't make up for any, I had unprotected sex all four days and the day before I missed them. I started bleeding yesterday. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi i just have a question i started taking birthcontrol on october 20 and stoped on October 29 i had intercourse that weekend. I was suppose to start my period on November 14 and i have not gotten it.... my boobs hurt my nipples are some what red. I took a.pregnancy yesterday night it came out negative. I do not know what else to do need help asap please

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: