ask: if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi i just have a question i started taking birthcontrol on october 20 and stoped on October 29 i had intercourse that weekend. I was suppose to start my period on November 14 and i have not gotten it.... my boobs hurt my nipples are some what red. I took a.pregnancy yesterday night it came out negative. I do not know what else to do need help asap please

Anonymous

Hi, I hope someone can advise please...I take the pill mostly to regulate difficult periods. However I was away for three days and completely forgot to take the pack with me. A week later I had unprotected sex and it's occurred to me too late that perhaps the missed pills will have put me at risk of pregnancy.

I only had sex 5 days ago so I'm guessing it's too soon to take a pregnancy test? Help! I'm quite worried about whether I could be pregnant :/

Thanks!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your risk has been raised by missing three days but keep taking your pills anyway and you can test in about two weeks. 

Thank you! That's what I've been doing and I guess I'll take a test in a couple of weeks and keep my fingers crossed until then :/

Anonymous

Hello, I have a question about birth control and pregnancy. About a week ago I missed a birth control pill on thursday night, on friday I took the one I missed from thursday plus the one for Friday, and then on Saturday my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. I am three days into my inactive pills and have still not gotten my period. I am worried there is a chance I could be pregnant. Do you think that is a possibility or that I should be worried?
Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

I forgot to take two pills on day 7 and 8. I had unprotected sex on day 7. I continued taking my pills on day 9 but did not make up for the two I did not take. I am on more nil which is a 28 day pack. I also started bleeding on day 8 a week after I had my period. Could I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi I missed 2 pills on the first week monday and Tuesday and I had unprotected sex on Saturday and he came inside me. I don't know what to do I just had some spotting could I be pregnat or is this spotting just happening because I forgot to take it for 2 day?

Anonymous

Hi, I just started birth control(lo loestrin) on September 15th as soon as I got my period. I haven't missed any pills I take them every day at 8:00 pm. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex twice once on the 23rd, and this week Monday September 29. I have been spotting some days brownish and others red I know that's normal when you start birth control but I wanna know if the pill has already become effective, do I have a chance of possibly being pregnant or is the pill already effective?
Please reply ASAP thank you!

Anonymous

Hi, I've been on birth control for about 5-6 months and I am a Sunday starter. This month I missed a pill on my second week (It was a Friday) and I had unprotected sex that night. Then the next morning (on Saturday) I took that days pill and Fridays pill on time. I had sex later that day as well and he pulled out. Then I missed Sundays pill (the first pill of my third week) we haven't had sex since Saturday and on Monday I took Sunday and Mondays pill. I am on my third week and I've started my period which isn't supposed to be until next week. Do I need to take a pregnancy test?

Since you are missing pills frequently, this bleeding is probably withdrawal bleeding. You may have an increased risk of pregnancy but it's more likely that you're not, since you have this withdrawal bleeding. You can test for pregnancy to confirm this and perhaps choose a method of birth control that suits you better.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: