if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

Hello! I have been on the pill for 5 years and this past month i missed tuesday and wednesday of week 3. I had sex thursday (he pulled out but i know that doesnt always matter) and realized a few hours later i missed the pills. I took the two immediately (tuesday wednesdays and i also had light spotting and cramps all night) and took thurs and fridays pills on friday. Sunday i started my inactive pills and as usual i had my "period" on wednesday the 15th. Normal for me. Its now the 25th and im starting week two of a new pack tomorrow but im having mild cramps abd mood swings. Could i be pregnant or is that just my body re adjusting to the pills? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Hello,
My girlfriend forgot to take her birth control Thursday, and she doubled up on Friday. We had sex late Friday night. Could she be pregnant and should we buy a plan B?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anonymous, Doubling up to make up for the missed dose was the right thing to do. No need for Plan B.

Anonymous

Hey,
I'm on the combined pill for months now. A few days ago I had unprotected sex and he came inside. The following 2 days I missed my pill. Is there any chance I could be pregnant?

Hello Anon

If you made up those two pills the day you realized you missed them and took that day's pill as well, you are likely protected.
If you did not make them up there is a risk of pregnancy.

Anonymous

I ran out of my pill so was at the end of the pack and only took a 2 day break (Wednesday and thursday) and then started taking it again, I had unprotected sex on the Sunday after doubling up on my pill Friday and saturday. Is there a chance I'm pregnant? I've been getting backaches but think I might be over thinking things?

Anonymous

Hi I missed a pill on my first week though took it the following morning however on the second week I missed another pill and took it the next day also though two days later I had unprotected sex am I still protected?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

As long as you made up for the missed dose, each time and as soon as possible, and did not have sex until two days later, you should have been protected.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I've been on birth control for three months. I missed three days of my pill on week 2 and had unprotected sex on the second day I missed my pill, what are the chances that inn pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Missing three pills in a row and not making up for those doses, and having sex without using a backup protection like a condom does pose a risk for becoming pregnant.

The daily active pill keeps your hormone levels at a constant level to prevent ovulation. Missing three pills can cause levels to drop, and trigger ovulation.

Wait for withdrawal bleeding to happen.

Regards,