if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

Hi I have taken my pills for about 3 weeks today. Unfortunately I was late in taking them for a few hours on the early part of my 2nd week for two consecutive days. I have taken them as soon as I remembered which is both less than 24 hours for 2 days. I had unprotected sex 4 days after this incident. Is there a possibility of pregnancy? Thanks.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

While it's best to take your pill at the same time every day, your risk has not been raised.

Anonymous

I am 22 years old. I missed the first week of pills because I was late picking it up from the pharmacy. I had unprotected sex and took one pill the night of. I haven't taken any since then.. I started spotting/bleeding exactly a week before I was meant to get my period For about 2-days.. I thought it was my period but they have never been that short.. Can I be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi. I've been off the pill for about 3 months now. My period is now 8 days late. On day 6 I took a pregnancy test it was negative. I am having pregnancy symptoms. It is possible I am pregnant and taking test too soon?

Anonymous

At 8 days late a test should be accurate but if you are always regular then a blood test at the doctors may be a better indication.

Anonymous

Hi
im 18 and ive take birth control for about 5 months and recently this week i missed two pills and had unprotected sex the second day i missed my pill my period calender shows that im fertile. Could i become pregnant?

You're not "fertile" when on the Pill. So the issue is whether you ovulated or not due to missing two pills. If you made both up on the third day and took that days pill too, you should be ok. Use a backup (condom) for seven days just in case.

Anonymous

Hi susan
Ive taken im 18 and ive take birth control for about 5 months and recently this week i missed two pills and had unprotected sex the second day i missed my pill my period calender shows that im fertile. Could i become pregnant?

Anonymous

Hey
I miss two pills at the begging and didn't make them up n had unprocted sex but this pass three days I been having bad cramps and lower back pain can someone tell me why ? Should I keep taking my birth control pills I stop