if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

I Am On My 2nd Pack 1st Week, I Missed Thursday & Friday. I Ended Up Having Intercorse Late Friday Night / Early Saturday Morning. What Are The Chances Of Me Being Pregnant? ... When Am I Allowed To Take A Pregnancy Test? ...

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is a risk of becoming pregnant if you have intercourse, without a backup method, on the days you miss an active pill. Wait until the week of inactive pills and see if you have any withdrawal bleeding. If no bleeding that week, then test.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hey, I Spotted A Little Today. Does That Count?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Spotting is a good sign.

Anonymous

i missed Thursday and Friday's pills from my pill pack during the first week. i was out of town as last minute plans and didn't even realize i had missed them until i was unpacking and realized they weren't there to begin with. i had unprotected intercourse with my bf on that Friday. i am one of those rare few that know and feel discomfort when i ovulate, and i most deff had that dull cramp on one side in the front of my pelvic area Sunday. I'm rather panicking. What is the likelihood I'm going to end up pregnant? I've taken my pills religiously for 8 yrs and can't believe i goofed :/

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

In hindsight, it would have been wise for your partner to have used a condom.

I cannot predict the likelihood that you conceived. You know your body best. If you think you ovulated on Sunday, and sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in your reproductive tract, there is a chance for conception to have happened.

When did you start taking your pills again? You could reach out to your gynecologist or simply wait to see if you bleed during the inactive pill week.

Regards,

I missed like 5-6 birth control pills them had unprotected sec that weekend one of the days I forgot to take my pill but I was just off my period is it possible I could be pregnant. I have missed two periods but had a day a half of bleeding on Thursday August 18 to Friday night I took two Walmart .88 cents
First signal pregnancy tests that came back negative could
I still be pregnant even if the rest was negative and I dos have a day a half of very light bleeding? When my periods are normally heavy and lik 5-6 days.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Test again. Buy a name brand test. Test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

Regards,

Ty Maryann for your response!

i did call my gyno yesterday. He said i could take plan b, but he had concerns about the timing (it's been three days now four). indeed, in hindsight,a condom would've been appropriate, but i didn't discover my mistake until after i returned home. :( my gyno said the same as you did. he added that i had not been on them long enough this cycle to induce the thickened ueterine lining. i took my Saturday pill as normal, and discovered i should've doubled up that night and the next. again, information much too late :/. i suppose I'll have to wait. Doctor said to finish pack. is that correct?

again, thank you.
I'm feeling miserably stupid.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No need to feel stupid. I am sure you will not forget this and will never miss a pill again:) We can only learn from our mistakes.

Yes, follow your doctor's instructions to finish the pack.