if you miss 2 birth control pills during week 2 and have sex on those days can you get pregnant?

By Anonymous April 21, 2009 - 2:27pm

Anonymous

Hi, I have been on birth control for almost a year now and have not missed any pills up until now. I missed the first 2 pills of week 1, I was supposed to start them on Wednesday but wasn't able to start till Friday. So I took 2 pills Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday, 1 Monday, and 1 on Tuesday. I had unprotected sex early Wednesday morning around 12am, could I become pregnant? What are my chances? Should I get plan B?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

When you miss pills and how many you miss does impact your risk for pregnancy if you have intercourse without the use of a condom.

By missing the first two active pills tacked on to a week of inactive pills did increase the risk. However, you made up for the missed dose correctly.

I would not advise you to take Plan B now, if this happened a week ago. It is too late.

Regards,

Anonymous

There's a chance of pregnancy if I missed 1pill on week 2 and have sex with my husband same day I missed thank you

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

I wrote to you about the seasonale, would the risk be high for chances of pregnancy? As we had unprotected sex pretty well everyday if not every second day. Would the test be really accurate within the next two weeks? Thank you :)

Anonymous

Should I continue taking pills or should I take pregnancy test because I missed one pill in week two and I had sex with my husband that day I missed thank you...

Hello Anon

Always continue taking pills and you can test for pregnancy 14-21 days after sex. The pills will not harm a pregnancy.

My pills is Diane 35 should I take a break 7 days or I will continue taking it without a break because I'm confuse

Anonymous

Hi there,

I take seasonale birth control (3 month cycles) I just had my period and consistently have been missing pills on and off. By that I mean this is my second week since I had my period and I missed the first 3 pills the first week took two when I remembered and then missed another 3 and took two. Meanwhile have been having unprotected sex with my husband. What are the chances of being pregnant? I also would like to mention I've been getting nauseated and waking up at 2 or 3a.m having to urinate and feel like I'm going to be sick. I have massive migraines here and there. Very tired. Little pains in chest area on and off.

Hello Anon

If you are missing more than three pills in a row (and you say you are) then you do risk pregnancy as you need to use a backup like condoms while you get back up on track again.

You can test for pregnancy if you don't get your next period.

Thanks,

Is the risk high? If I were to test if I miss a period that would be 3 months from now, would continuing birth control without knowing harm the fetus if there is one? When would be the earliest I could test before that time that would be accurate as 3 months is a long time.

Thanks again,