im 19 days late all negative pregnancy test

By February 6, 2015 - 2:36pm

Hi im 20 years old. My last period ended on December 25. Very normal period. Then jan 6th i had some spotting for a couple days. I have taken 7 all negative. Nothing has chamged in my everyday life. ... im really confused and scared help please

Hi bdenton13

Thanks for you post! 

As long as your tests were taken as instructed and they are not out of date, they should be accurate - especially as you are getting the same results each time. 

Our menstrual cycles are determined by our hormones.  If our hormones are off for any reason - a change in body chemistry, stress, under eating, over exercising or for many other reasons, our periods will change. Some women inexplicably miss a period for a month and then go back to normal. 

You may want to wait another 10 days to see if your period will arrive but I would also suggest talking to your doctor to see why this may be happening. If you don't get your period in the next two weeks (which would be your second cycle) then some simple blood tests can help determine why.

We wish you the best and please keep us updated.