I'm 30 years old and I haven't had my period for 4 months. I recently experienced emotional trauma. I went for all the tests and all negative - I'm also using a birth control 'minesse'. I am concerned that this is effecting my health.

By Anonymous January 21, 2015 - 1:52am

Is there anything I can do to correct this maybe food related or supplements I can take to rectify this.

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry you're going through an emotional upheaval at the moment. 

I will assume pregnancy is not the reason you don't have your period. 

When you say you went through an emotional trauma recently,  was that over four months ago? If so, that may well be the cause for not having a period because shock and stress can have a real impact on the menstrual cycle. 

How long have you been on this birth control?  Birth control can limit or even stop a woman from having periods. 

Anon, if all your physical tests have come back fine, have you considered counseling? Talking to someone about your problems and learning the tools to cope can be instrumental in having good physical health.  I can't emphasize the toll that stress takes on the body. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!