I'm a 30yr old nulliparous woman recently diagnosed with uterine fibroid. I never had any symptoms until last month and this month when I had lower abdominal pain during ovulation, which I never had before. Could this be a symptom of uterine fibroid.

By July 28, 2010 - 3:21am

Hi onyi

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Symptoms of uterine fibroids include:

■Pelvic pain
■Feeling of pelvic pressure
■Heavy menstrual bleeding
■Clots in menstrual flow
■Long periods
■Bleeding between periods
■Increased cramping during periods
■Pain during sex
■Frequent need to urinate
■Enlarged uterus, giving the appearance of pregnancy
■Low back or leg pain
■Infertility by blocking the fallopian tubes

So to answer your question - yes, your symptoms could be directly related to your fibroids. However, they may not be - you will need to discuss this with your doctor in case you have an underlying condition you may be unaware of.

For more information on your condition, click here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/uterine-fibroids

onyi - have you discussed this pain with your doctor?

Uterine Fibroids

Uterine Fibroids Guide