I'm 52 and just had some blood discharge. I have not had my period now for around 10 months. Is this fairly normal

By Anonymous December 9, 2011 - 12:49pm

It sounds like you're in the middle of menopause.

This kind of breakthrough bleeding can certainly happen - months after your last period - if - you are on hormone therapy. Are you? 

If not, you need to call your doctor and schedule an appointment as this kind of bleeding after 10 months would not be considered normal. Don't worry about it for now, it could be due to an infection of some kind or a harmless fibroid but it does need to be investigated.

Menopause Guide