I'm 57 years young and went had some tramatic news in 2012 which my period stopped.I haven't had a period since then but last week I notice light spotting after I wiped my vagina.It isn't enough for a pad or tampon. I also have had adominal cramping

Light cramping as if my period is getting ready to start. What could this be?

If you haven't had a period in 3 years then you are post menopausal. Your bleeding needs to be seen by a doctor for an evaluation. Since you are also cramping you may have something hormonal going on, or a cyst or something else that is causing this. Your doctor may do a physical evaluation and some blood tests.