I'm Embarrassed

By June 14, 2016 - 9:27pm

Hi, I actually feel embarrassed asking this here but I want to be sure by hearing it from you. I have a real personal issue and part is GI problem and part is GYN problem. I had an annual and results came out that I have some type of bacterial infection from my private area causing me pain and problem from my private area to my stomach. My GYN doesn't understand much about my issue and I decided to go to another GYN for second opinion. It's been hard for me to find a GYN until I found the best GYN doctor who's actually a male doctor. I never been to a male GYN and I'm really embarrassed to go but he is actually a very good doctor. I want to know what do you think I can do for trying to be comfortable? Since he's a male doctor I can't figure out how to manage this. I heard the doctor and staff are very caring and help your needs and I'm thinking what I can do. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I actually prefer going to him to because male doctors knowledge are better than woman's.

Hi Melissa!

You have mentioned several times before that male doctors have more knowledge than female doctors and are better all round. This may be your opinion but it's not true and there is no evidence to support this.

Doctors are professionals and he and his team will keep you at ease. There is no need to feel more uncomfortable with a male GYN than a female.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-health/content/visiting-gynecologist-be-prepared

Hi, thanks for your reply. Most of my doctors told me the difference about female and male doctors and my doctors gave me the same answers from the doctors I have. It's actually true how there knowledge and education are different. Few of my doctors told me this and it's something many people don't know about.
Thanks for your help though,