I'm Late 5 days now!!

I was late 8 days last month! Should I wait for my period or I should take the test at home? I had my period on the 17th last month! Help please. Me and my boyfriend use condom every time and very careful about it. I was on the birth control patch for over a year but i stopped 3 months ago.

If you were also late last month then you may have an irregular cycle. If you are using protection all the time then your risk of pregnancy is low but a test will confirm this. 

Track your cycle for the next few months to see if you are continuously irregular and if you are, talk to your doctor about your options.