Im on my period but I am not

I am usually a heavy bleeder, and I only get my period once a year since 2008. This year I have gotten it twice once in May the other in June. Now I thought I started this month of September because I was bleeding but not enough to go through my pants, Also now its like brownish blood. what could this be should I be worried.

Thanks for your post.

Why do you have period once a year? Do you some kind of condition that is causing this?

If so, then it may also be contributing to this irregular bleeding and return of your periods.

Please give us more information so we can help you further.

After I had my first child my period from month to month turned to once a year. I have seen my gyno and she said its nothing to worry about. I am not on any type of birth control.

Its just weird Its never happened like this before.

HERWriter Guide (reply to yvaldovinos)

Hi again
Thanks for writing back!

I'm always amazed at how many of our readers who don't have periods or have constant bleeding are told that all this is nothing to worry about or is normal when it isn't for women aged 16-40.

Feel free to bring it up again,