I'm on the pill never missed a pill up to this point on march 28th my bf and I had sex he didn't used a condom so an hour after I took EC

By April 27, 2015 - 10:45pm

On April 15th I started to spot brown. I was expecting my period on the 18th which was a Saturday but instead I continued to jave brown discharge it light the discharge. I bled a tiny bright red tint on Saturday I noticed the bright tint when I wiped my self I also noticed it on Sunday tiny red tint. I took a pregnancy test on april 20th which the third day of placebo pills. The test came as negative. I asked the dr. If I would need another test since I took the test durong placebo pills. The dr said no that I don't need another test. Then the dr asked me when were you expecting your period I said Saturday or sunday. And when I told the dr. That I bled tiny small tint on Saturday and another one on Sunday the dr said that was my period. So was the dr. Correct I don't need another test? This week I'm back on active pills. Sometimes I get cramps could it be from the BC and EC?

Thank you susan. I've been Stressing out. And I feel naous sometimes when I'm thinking a lot and my stomach hurts

Thanks Susan, So you think the test was accurate on the placebo week? Also when I took the test that was my first pee.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Marrie)

Hi again!

Marrie, follow along with your doctor's advice. You don't need another test, you're not pregnant and the pee you used was fine. 

Hi Marrie!

Thanks for your question, I know you've been helped on this many times before. 

There is no need to take EC when you are on the Pill and never miss it.  Taking EC causes this kind of spotting. 

You are not pregnant so please follow your doctor's advice - there is no need to take another test.  When you take EC when on the Pill this kind of spotting and menstrual irregularity can occur. It has nothing to do with pregnancy.