ask: I'm really scared

I have had sex five times this month and have always used a condom and I have been on combination birth control pills for six months and have been taking them everyday at the same time always within the hour. I was expecting my period tonight but it still hasn't come yet, what is the likeliness of me being pregnant? I checked every condom before and after and none of them were ripped or damaged, please help me

Hi Emily,

Thanks again for your question. I answered your other one also and I think you are safe since you are using both methods (pill and condoms).

Since you are late for your period, go get a pregnancy test. Do you want to know something....we have all been in your shoes before and the oddest thing always happens...we get scared, we take a pregnancy test, it comes out negative - we start our period......LOL!

Emily, when you worry and concern yourself with what has happened, the stress delays your period. Odd, isn't it? Can you believe we have so much control over our own periods? Seems almost insane, doesn't it?

Pregnancy tests are pretty cheap now-a-days. Go to one of your Dollar stores in your area and you can pick one up for usually less than $5.00. The results will help ease your mind and they are 99% accurate. Then come back to us and let us your results.

Hope this helps.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: