I'm Really Scared

By September 28, 2015 - 10:20pm

Hi, I feel horrible for few months now and I'm so scared from what I found out. I realized I have symptoms of bowel obstruction and I had h. pylori infection. I have heavy nausea no appetite indigestion full feeling in my stomach and I keep getting really bad pain in my stomach I realized these are symptoms of stomach cancer. I'm also suppose to get my period but I didn't get yet it's 29 days for me now. I had a certain test and I was told I have ovarian mass in my left ovary this got me crying ever since. Next month I'm going to see my doctor and I'm to embarrassed in what he will do because he is a male doctor. He never examined me there. I want to know what do you think of this and what do you think I can do meanwhile I'm waiting like this?

Hi Melisa6666

Next month is just a couple of days away. What date is your appointment? If it's soon, I wouldn't over-analyze anything and just wait for the doctor. That's what people have to do, there's nothing to be done in the meantime. In fact, I would advise you to stop looking up all your symptoms as you can google even the most simple symptoms and come up with all sorts of terrible things.

You can ask for a female doctor or you can ask for a nurse to be present. I think that now, by law, you are entitled to have a female present. Doctors do these kinds of exams every day, so try to relax. Most testing for ovarian masses will be scans over your pelvis, rather than an internal exam.

Hi I didn't google my symptoms I talked to a doctor about it. Even though my doctor is male he is really very good and they do have female nurses present. My appt is October 28. What bothers me more is its 30 days that I didn't get my period. I'm to uncomfortable like this. What could this mean?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi again

If you are not sexually active then pregnancy is not an issue.

Stress is a very strong cause of periods become irregular or even stopping altogether. This may be the case with you since you seem very stressed. This happens to many women.

Try to relax more even though I know your health concerns are worrying you.

Hi I don't really have stress like that it's been awhile I have such stomach issue which is bothering me a lot and I'm in lots of pain and discomfort. I'm going to see my doctor this month so I have to wait and see what he will tell me.