Facebook Pixel

I'm scared of urology

By August 15, 2016 - 10:15pm
Rate This

Hi, I was seen by my GYN and throughout the tests I had done I was told I have reoccurring urinary tract infection and kidney disease which is bothering me a lot and now I have appt. to see a urologist. I never been to a urologist before and the doctor I'm going to is a male doctor to. I'm mostly uncomfortable because of him examining me. I don't know where will he examine and this is what I'm embarrassed about. I want to know such issue I have and seeing such doctor what kind of examine they do? I really would like to know about what they do as first visit to. Please let me know about this soon.

Add a Comment2 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Melissa

Thanks for your post!

Your best bet is to call your doctor's office to know in advance what to expect. We cannot tell you what to expect other than a physical exam, a talk and possible tests. Your doctor doesn't care whether you are male or female but you can request a female assistant to be there too.

Feel free to bring a friend or relative with you for support.


August 16, 2016 - 6:18am
(reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks for letting me know. If they do exam are they anything painful?

August 16, 2016 - 1:17pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.