Q: 

im a virgin and haven't gotten my period in over 3 months

By Anonymous April 22, 2012 - 5:55pm

Im a 16 year old virgin who has not had any sexual intercouse or anything else besides kissing. I started my period two years and a half ago, the day after my 14 birthday and I never get even the slightest cramps when on my period. My Last period started January 12 and ended January 17. Since then I havent gotten my period, no spotting or anything except that I get extremely painful cramps everymonth around the 13th, but that is all. What could be wrong? Help please! :(

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 17 and a half years old and I'm a virgin and I had my first period when I was 9. My period's always been somewhat regular, it'd often occur on the second to last week of every month like clockwork almost.. but just recently my period's skipped a month (last month [May] completely to be precise) and my cycle lasted for 35 days in April and just now it's turning 60 days and counting for this cycle and I'm worried.. like pulling your hair out kind of worried; I want kids in the future and I don't want anything bad to be wrong with me. I'm a major hypochondriac right now and I just don't know what to do.. I've never been to an OB/GYN before and I'm terrified on them possibly finding something wrong with me, when everyone in my family and all my friends are trying to reassure me that there's nothing wrong. I eat healthy and I've lost and gained a few pounds recently [I weighed 160.3 lbs last year and at the beginning of this year, I was around 153.4 lbs and now I'm around 148.8-149.5] and I work out moderately but not extremely, to keep myself in shape and healthy and I still don't know whats wrong and I'm worried sick. Also I'm getting more breakouts on my shoulders and a little bit of hair growth on my lower tummy under my navel and just I don't know what more to do than freak out to be honest.. do you know what's wrong with me?

Anonymous

I am 13, and I started my period 1.5 years ago, and and I haven't had my period in almost 3 months. I know I'm not pregnant because I'm a virgin plus I've never even been kissed. I don't understand what is wrong with me, I feel fine, I mean I play sports almost everyday of the week and competitions every 2-3 weeks. I haven't told my Mom yet, I knew that missed periods when you're a teenager is normal, especially when you only started not very long ago, but I also read that missing more than 3 months worth of periods is dangerous and you should see a doctor immediately. This has happened to me before, but I didn't have on for 2 months and a half. I'm starting to get scared, my Mom works a lot, and I don't want to stress her even more. I'll wait until the end of this month, then it would have been 3 months. I will ask for an appointment then. I just want SOMEONE to answer any of my questions and maybe give me some sort of answer.

Don't worry!!!!! There is NO way you could be pregnant if you haven't have sexual intercourse. Ask your mom if she missed it for a few months it can be something to do with genes. But if you don't want to do this it could just be a menstrual might be taking a change. This has happened twice with me. When I was twelve I didn't have my period for a month or two but on the month after That it was just a cycle change. :) hope this helped!

Anonymous

I am 14 and a virgin. I haven't had my period from last 3 months. I started menstruating at the age of 12. My periods weren't regular yet but Ive never had such long gap! My weight is about 45kg.
I am an Indian and I've shifted to US last month (because of which I had a lot of stress these days). Can you Please tell me what shall I do to get my period back? I am really worried!

Anonymous

When I just started my period I would skip one month then get it the next but about 5 months before my last period I had been getting my periods every month. Do you think that the earlier one month skipping may have played a role in this? And why do ovarian cyst occur? Thank you so much for your help by the way :)

(reply to Anonymous)

Causes

Follicles grow in the ovaries each month. They make hormones and release an egg during ovulation. In some cases, follicles may become cysts. There are two main types:

• Functional cyst—occurs when a normal monthly follicle does not mature properly and the egg is not released
    • These cysts go away on their own within 1-3 menstrual cycles.
  • Follicular cyst—occurs after an egg is released
    • These cysts go away on their own in a few weeks.
    • These are a type of functional cyst.

Most are functional cysts. They only occur during childbearing years. Many other, less common types of benign cysts can also form from ovarian tissue. For example, if you have endometriosis , you may form cysts from the uterine tissue on an ovary.

Polycystic ovary syndrome is also linked to cysts. This happens when several small cysts (more than 10) grow in the ovaries.

In a small percentage of cases, cysts are caused by cancer .

Another condition linked to cysts is ectopic pregnancy . Your doctor will do a pregnancy test to rule this out.

Risk Factors

The main risk factor is being a woman of childbearing age.

Please click on the link that I gave you above, all of this information is included there. 

Best of luck,

Rosa

If you have consistently had a period for 2 years and all of a sudden stop getting it and you are getting cramps every month, then please see your OB/GYN. If you do not have an OB/GYN please ask your primary care physician to refer you to one. You may have ovarian cysts that may be causing the pain and can also be the cause of your missed periods.

http://www.empowher.com/condition/ovarian-cysts/definition

Keep us posted and good luck,

Rosa

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide