I'm a walker. My left foot started hurting 2 days ago for no reason.

The last 2 toes are tender to the touch, I can't walk on my foot and my foot is swollen. I've iced it, elevated it and now soaking in ebsom salt. Help!

Thanks for your post - I'm a walker too and sometimes I'll get a random pain in a toe and I work through it until a few days or a week later until it's ok. There never seems to be an explanation and I wear good shoes.

You may have a strain or even a pulled muscle or tendon. You won't know unless you see a doctor and get some scans. It may clear up in a week or not. But I wouldn't walk on it a lot if it's painful and please check with your doctor if it continues. The feet are a mass of bones - you may have even fractured one.

Good luck - as a fellow walker (5K every day!) I'm interested as to what may be going on.