Implantation bleeding?

By Anonymous November 6, 2014 - 9:21am

Yesterday would have been 39 days since my last period and all tests are showing up negative. And yesterday I started having brownish red spotting. When I googled it they said it could be implantation bleeding so I thought I would wait a couple days and test again. Now today it is heavier and more red. Is it just my period? Or is that normal for implantation? I'm really worried because my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I have been having lights cramps and am exhausted this week.

We have been trying for 2 months. And my period are irregular a couple of months ago I missed it all together.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

With your recent history of irregular periods, and attempts to conceive, I think you need to be in contact with your gynecologist.

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for seeking our help with your menstruation concern.

A 39 day menstrual cycle is unusual. Do you normally have an irregular menstrual cycle? How long have you been trying to conceive? Are you seeing a infertility specialist?

This is not implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is scanty, pink or brownish vaginal discharge that occurs about six to 12 days following conception. It disappears on its own and never progresses to a heavy, red menstrual flow.

Anonymous, I suggest you report this to your gynecologist.