implantation bleeding?

By July 29, 2013 - 9:51am

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex not to long ago, my period started the 5th and ended the ninth. We had unprotected sex on the 16th, 18th,19th,20,22. On the 28th i went to the washroom and noticed some blood. Very little though, but it was brownish reddish a bit dry.it was strange! I'm wondering if it might be implantation bleeding? my period isn't due until the forth of August! I don't know when to take a pregnancy test, my birthday is the 3rd of August so i would like to know if im possibly pregnant we had plans to celebrate, and i was going to dye my hair but now i don't know! What do you think?

HERWriter Guide (reply to ycorral3)

Congrats - that is excellent news!

We wish you a very healthy pregnancy!

Thank you Susan!!
Thanks for you're help and everything! :)

I know my period is not due for another 6 days, and i ovulated around the 20th, around there so i figured it was implantation bleeding since it was very little blood like literally not enough to be the start of my menstrual cycle! And it was very dark like old.,If it was implantation bleeding when do you think it would've occurred? And if you don't think its implantation what else could be the cause?

HERWriter Guide (reply to ycorral3)

Hi again!

Implantation is seen about days 5 through 10 or so of a cycle. There is no date set-in-stone - I think the average date are days 8-9.

I'd wait to see if you are pregnant to determine what other causes it could be. Since it's dark, old blood, it could be residue from your last period that was triggered by having sex.

Hi ycorral3

It's too hard to say based on the dates. But implantation is usually light brown or pink bleeding that doesn't last for much more than a day and is droplets rather than any kind of period. So since you have been having so much unprotected sex, it's definitely possible.

You can take a test as soon as Thursday or you may want to wait to be sure until the 3rd.