Implantation Bleeding or Period?

I've been on my newest BC for about 3 months. It's a progestin only pill and it has stopped my period. The pill I was on prior to this one stopped my period so I haven't had a period in about 6 months. I regularly have sex with my husband and we don't use any other form of BC. I haven't missed a pill since the first week I started this pill but I am not PERFECT at taking it and I know the progestin pills are less effective.

About a week ago I started noticing that my nipples were really sensitive. I didn't have an appetite for a few days and I slept a lot for a few days. Two days ago I had a sharp cramp in the right side of my pelvic area but nothing like my old cramps which were bad enough that I couldn't walk some days. I tested yesterday morning and it came back not pregnant.

Well, I just went to the bathroom and had a little bit of blood. Nothing like the mess of a normal period, but again, I haven't had a period in a period in quite awhile. I've never been pregnant and I don't know what to expect but I'm not sure what to think of all this. What do you guys thing?

The progesterone-only pill needs to be taken every day and around the same time everyday.

Since you are doing this as prescribed, your pill is 99% effective, much like the pills that also contain estrogen. So your risk is extremely low.

For now, I would trust the test so keep taking your pills. This may be random spotting that you haven't experienced before; something that may happen to you now and again, now that you are on a different kind of pill. Many women spot or bleed on the progesterone-only pill.

Your symptoms could be due to some kind of hormonal change but could also be due to feeling unwell for any number of reasons. See what the next few months bring so that you can be prepared for a change in cycles due to your new pill. 

If symptoms continue, test again or have a blood test done. 

Has this helped, Anon?