implantation bleeding or plan b side effect

My husband and I have been using condoms for the past two years. This past month we had unprotected sex on day five of my cycle and without talking about it I went and got a plan b pill, because we hadn't really thought of having kids for a few more years. Then later that week I found out that he wants to have children so we started trying. We continued to have unprotected sex and I made sure that we had sex from days twelve to fourteen of my cycle. I have a very regular 28 day cycle and day 14 I felt some ovulation cramping. It is now day 19 of my cycle and this morning I had some light spotting. A few drops of red blood when I went to the toilet, and a few hours later a few drops of brownish blood when I urinated. I was wondering what is the likelihood that it's a side effect from plan b or implantation bleeding? Ive taken plan b in the past and I've never experienced spotting before.

Hi maeveparker

We just can't say which it could be because it could be a common side effect of Plan B but also implantation bleeding since you were having unprotected sex. We'd would just be guessing if we picked one.

But if I were to hazard a guess I'd say implantation bleeding since it has been over 10 days since you took Plan B and you would likely have bled already.

But remember it could also be plain old spotting and could be neither.

See what the next two weeks bring - good luck!