Implantation bleeding or spotting from my depo shot?

By October 12, 2016 - 8:34pm

I've had spotting before on BC, but it was never this light. I've been on Depo since 8/11, due for another shot 10/27.
Earlier today, i felt a moistness in my underwear. I put a finger down to see if it was blood or not, sure enough, blood was on my finger. i rushed to the bathroom and looked at my underwear, a small amount of blood was on it (didn't start off light, i peed and wiped myself and a good amount of blood was present on the toilet paper)
it was darkish in color. I then put a pad on, expecting an amount of blood on my pad, you know, typical BC spotting, not too heavy, but not too light, either. (usual for me)

Anyways, time passes on throughout the day, i look at my pad, JUST A SPOT of blood was on it. (Usually when I spot its a somewhat good amount of blood) So, naturally, i begin to freak a little. I pass it off as just being too early, maybe the blood will come more later on. I ended up having sex with my boyfriend around 8pm, he claimed there was no blood present on his penis, and after sex, i peed multiple times and there was no blood present on the toilet paper. it seems as if this "spotting/bleeding" is happening at different times.
Currently, it's 11:24, 6 hours since i've started and I'm still only getting TINY but still noticable drops of blood on my pad. i got curious, stuck a qtip inside, and the qtip was covered in blood, why isn't any of it coming out?
I started googling about implantation bleeding, and what i'm experiencing sounds an awful lot like it, especially since the bleeding stopped for an amount of hours and came back. I really hope it's not, i'm honestly too young to be pregnant, my life would literally be over, i'm not emotionally/financially stable for a kid, which is why i really f*king hoped this depo shot would've helped, lol. my anxiety is killing me now.
has anyone else experienced spotting like this? there's no flow, just noticeable spots, and there's clearly bleeding occurring inside due to the qtip being covered in blood, and when i wiped there was blood present on the toilet paper.

is this implantation bleeding or normal spotting from my birth control?

Hi spookyblack

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

It's far more likely that this is bc spotting and not implantation bleeding. Many women spot on the Depo shot - many of our readers have experienced this.

The Depo shot is over 99% effective so your risk is minuscule. It's very rare for a woman to get pregnant on this shot. You can take a pregnancy test in 7-10 days for reassurance.