ask: Implantation or Period???

By scgatorgirl

I'm about 12 dpo, according to one calculator... about 9 dpo according to another. (Isn't that always the way things seem?) It's our first month ttc, thus my first month off the ring, so I'm not really sure when everything is supposed to be starting since I've been on bc for so many years. If I'm a 28 day cycle, I'm not supposed to start my period until Monday (today's Friday). However, on Tuesday, I started spotting and still am. It's nothing like a period on bc much less off of it (it was awful and heavy and looong... thus going on bc to begin with). So- I'm all confused. It's a variety of colors, but there doesn't seem to be any (sorry for tmi) "stuff" coming with it... just a little blood. I'm keeping a tampon in just for work since I only have 1 bathroom break in 8 hrs, but it's not even enough bleeding to need one at home. Sooo- according to another site, I should get a reasonably accurate pregnancy test on Saturday (tomorrow), but I'm just wondering if maybe my timing was off... like if this is my period, my ovulation calculation would have been off by about a week... and if it's not and my cycle is longer than 28 days, would it be too early to test? So. Confused.

And is there somewhere that can explain what all the acronyms mean?!
Sincerely,
LOL-ing while TTC and counting the DPO :D

scgatorgirl

Sorry! I posted earlier and then joined and couldn't get back to my original post to see responses! :(
Any chance the pregnancy vs period part was answered on there? I'm really more concerned about that than the acronyms. The acronyms just make it hard to understand everyone else's posts. :)
Thanks!!

Hi scgatorgirl

This question has been answered on another thread - please only post once!

I'm not a fan of pregnancy acronyms because while saying TTC is handy, stuff like BFN isn't even a real medical or biological term and when you don't understand all the new acronym trends, it's annoying trying to figure them out (even for us!)!

However, since you are looking for info around the Net, this may help you - http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-fertility-abbreviations-acronyms

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: