Implantation or weird period?

By October 31, 2012 - 9:41am

So I was due to start my period and only had one light pink spot after I had sex that day. I am on the pill so I feel like I can't be pregnant right? The only problem is that there was no period that followed. I am 9 days late technically unless that was my period? I'm just really confused, please help?

Thanks again! You're awesome:)

Hi CeciliaMarie

If you are taking your birth control pill exactly as prescribed every day, then your chances of pregnancy are close to zero.

The pink discharge may have been a light spotting period rather than a heavier one - this is fairly common when using birth control. It's a good idea to test for pregnancy if you feel you didn't bleed at all (were you on any medications that may have interfered with your Pill?) but your odds are very low if you took the Pill everyday and were not on antibiotics.

Thank you! My only real concern is that I was taking som amoxacilin for strep a few weeks ago, and I can't remember if I had sex then or not:/ I'm feeling really hot and crampy and a bit naseous today so maybe my period will start? I'm not sure, any ideas on that?

HERWriter Guide (reply to CeciliaMarie)

Hi again!

Amoxicillin is an antibiotic and there is a small risk that this could have interfered with the birth control you were on. Take a pregnancy test to be sure.

Your symptoms could be either PMS or pregnancy as both mimic each other. Unfortunately we cannot reassure you any more as we can't say if the antibiotic did, in fact, lessen the effect of your birth control.