Important Opinion

By September 3, 2014 - 9:37am

Hi, I really would like to get your opinion on something if you don't mind. Last week I had surgery done and my doctor did two different things for me throughout the surgery one is he did a breast biopsy and the other is he removed something called dermatofibroma. Last night I saw him for follow up and after I finished talking to him I said thank you and I left. I'm glad to know my surgery went well and the results and everything are all normal. When I came out of the room I kept thinking my thank you wasn't enough after everything he did for me. Most of the time when I thank someone I forget if I said thank you or not. I did tell the nurse to tell the doctor for me that I said thank you for the surgery and everything. He is a very nice doctor and the best surgeon from all the doctors at this office. Since I feel my thank you wasn't enough after he did all this for me I want to get your opinion to know if you think if it sounds nice from me to send him a thank you card? Such surgery he did for me was a small surgery it's not like I had God forbid a huge tumor or cyst to give him a big thank you by sending him flowers. I hope you know what I mean from here. I feel like a thank you card is good, I want to know if you think it's a good idea that I send him such card? Please let me know about this soon. I really appreciate it.
Thank You,

Hello Melissa,

A thank you note is not necessary. Saying thank you in person is enough.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi, I know I told him thank you in person but most of the time I forget if I said thank you. I do know I didn't say thank you for surgery and everything. My mind was blank and I completely forgot. I keep thinking of sending him a thank you card. Would you think it be good if I send him a thank you card? I know you're saying it's not necessary but I know when I said thank you I didn't mention thank you for surgery and everything. Please let me know soon.
Thank You,