By Anonymous April 26, 2012 - 9:24am

This is not my first time on empowHER.. and Im really thankful for the help last time! :)
Okay, so I was in a relationship with a guy (lets call him A) for more than 2 years. I broke up with him because we were fighting A LOT! And I fell out of love! :/
But that's not it! I had a crush on his best friend (say, B) a year before A and I started going out. Well B is the most charming person I've ever met!
Well he was going out with someone else then. They broke up too and as of now B is on the NO RELATIONSHIP BS track!

A and I broke up 2 months back and there was a part of me that fell out of love, maybe because I started falling for B AGAIN!
I know it was not fair to A, after all this time. And trust me I really tried very hard to suppress all those feelings!
But this time the crush has come back even STRONGER!
And it ain't going away! :(
What disappoints me more is that I was his "brother's" girl.. And Im not even his type! :(

PLEASE tell me a way of pushing those feelings away! Becuase its last year of school and I dont want any more STUPID relationship BS! >:(

Thanks! :)

The only thing I can tell you is that it's going to take time - more time, maybe, in your case.

One other thing is to take up something new. Something new can help rid you of something old.

Anon, you are young - and very normal. What you are going through is what most go through. It's hard and sad and unfair but there are no magic pills or easy ways to stop crushing on someone. Are you in any kind of contact with him or asking friends about him? If so, you have to stop that.

Otherwise, unfortunately, only time will heal you - and it will - but have to give time... time to work. Feelings like this don't end in a week or two. It's frustrating but it's a part of life. I'm sorry I can't make it all go away - if I could I would!

Its me AGAIN!

Im doing everything you said that would help me get him off my mind!

I think you have a fairly typical teenage crush that has turned to infatuation. We've all been there, I know I have.  Of course now it's funny to me but back then I thought I'd die because I would have this love forever and I'd be in eternal pain.

Time is a teenager's best friend. I promise you'll get over this person but it'll take time. Try to focus on other things - do not hang out or text or Facebook because this will only make things worse. If you do all that, you'll be your own worst enemy.

If you are sure he is not interested, you're going to have to move on since the relationship will go nowhere. Busy yourself with your school, your girlfriends and go out on a date or two. It won't be easy but letting go off this crush can happen, if you put a little work into it.

Good luck, I know how hard it can be!

Thanks for the great advice Susan! :)
This site has been of great help! REALLY!

And honestly, I think you are doing great work! :)