infrequent, irregular periods?

I used to have my period every month to month and half, under sever trauma i've had my period stop in the middle or jump to 2 times a month. However, I'm not under those stressful conditions, I'm not in a radical weight change or over weight by any means, nor have i taken any birth control pills, or ever been pregnant . Still in the past year I've had 3 inconsecutive months of 2 periods a month, this is both incredibly bothersome, and concerning as there seems to be no stress explained situation. I would like to go back to having my regular long gaps between bleeding as anemia is a real concern.
What is wrong and how do i fix it?

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

Having a period twice a month is abnormal. You should see your doctor because you're right anemia is a possibility. Sometimes abnormal menstrual cycles are a sign of infection or other medical problem that would need treatment.

Make an appointment with your doctor to determine what the cause is an discuss possible treatment.

I hope this helps.

Be well,